Frequently asked questions
1. What is SimpliTRACE?
SimpliTRACE is a Web application, which means that it is computer software accessible by connecting to the Internet, developed to manage traceability data from Quebec.
The SimpliTRACE application was designed by ATQ and will be implemented to replace its current data management system with a more efficient, state-of-the-art system.
The launch of this application will simplify the process of collecting, transmitting and managing information in the ATQ database.
Accessible through a secure and user-friendly interface, SimpliTRACE will allow all Quebec producers and stakeholders in the cattle, sheep and deer sectors to access their online ATQ file and to electronically file declarations.
2. When can I use SimpliTRACE to access my online ATQ file?
3. Is it mandatory to register with SimpliTRACE?
Please note that if you do not register with SimpliTRACE, you may continue to send your declarations by the following methods:
- Fax, post or email (by using paper forms)
- Use of compatible software
4. What are the advantages of SimpliTRACE?
SimpliTRACE allows you to access your online ATQ file and to file your declarations. Designed to make data entry easier, the system’s forms provide guidance tools which aim to simplify the declaration process. Browsing the pages of the system provides access to information clearly and visibly posted in lists and tables.
- Access your animal inventory
- Simplify declarations for tag installation, and the arrival and departure of your animals
- View the details of your ear tag orders
- Search for information relevant to your premises, animals and declarations
- Eliminate registration errors
- Reduce time wasting
- Minimize paperwork
5. Who is the SimpliTRACE application designed for?
6. Will the launch of SimpliTRACE have an impact on traceability data that I must declare?
Although the launch of SimpliTRACE does not lead to any modifications in the Regulation respecting the identification and traceability of certain animals in Quebec, some new rules for data transmission are now in effect.
In such cases, to guarantee best practices in terms of data management, some changes have been made especially regarding information to be sent as part of the following declarations:
- Tag application
- Tag replacement
- Transfer of animals